Musings on The Mountain

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Failure

I spent most of the night fighting with my ex on the phone. I am never good enough for him. I don’t know why that should surprise me. I was never good enough when we were together. No matter how hard I tried, no matter what I would say, do, cook, buy, wear, be, clean, support, give up, no matter what, I was never ok. He was never able to just accept me and love me. Why would I expect it to be any different now?

I will never be good enough. If he couldn’t accept me then he certainly won’t now. I can not offer any more of myself. I will not go back. I can not be his sole source of support. I can not do this anymore. I just can’t. If that makes me a failure then I guess I’m a failure. What else is there I can do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home