Musings on The Mountain

Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Slow Descent

For the S-Project

The sky is blue. The air is crisp. Fall is definitely in the air. I throw my arms out and start to spin
Around
Around
Around.

The ground is whirling. No longer can I see the individual leaves. It is just a mess of
Brown
Brown
Brown.

I keep spinning. My heart is pounding. My eyes are watering. I can't keep going. I fall
Down
Down
Down.

I lie on the ground, but I feel like I am still falling. My life is out of control. How can I go from being on top of the world to where I am now? I was a promising student, I had it all together, I was the class favorite. Everyone loved and respected me. I was a dynamite wife, a good housekeeper, loyal to a fault. Now I am left with nothing. My life has been reduced to this. This pitiful mess. I have made a slow desent into hell. I have hit the bottom. I will not allow him to hold me down.

1 Comments:

  • Intriguing. There is obviously a lot going on, and sometimes the hardest thing is to pull all those thoughts together into coherent fashion. I'm glad you hit the submit button.

    By Blogger Faith, at 10/05/2006 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home